The global roll out of Seabourn’s off-ship adventure program has been confirmed to expand into Australia and New Zealand next year, with the luxury line set to introduce a number of in-depth shore experiences available to travellers upon its arrival in local waters next year.
Already popular among the ultra-luxury line’s guests in South America and Europe since launching in 2015, the program – dubbed ‘Ventures by Seabourn’ will initially consist of five different excursions in different parts of the country to really take guests deep into the history and culture of a country.
Many of the adventures offered as part of Seabourn’s Ventures program involve guests using the ship’s fleet of zodiac vessels to go onshore on a very remote island or to travel deep into a rainforest or jungle to view native wildlife and immerse themselves in a particular region. Excursions are optional with guests boarding the zodiacs from the ship’s fold-out water sports marina at the rear.
On its annual visit to Australian waters, Seabourn will next year be making local cruising history as it brings its brand new ship Seabourn Encore down under for the first time, only a few weeks removed from the ship’s christening and inaugural cruise in Singapore. During its short maiden season in Australia and New Zealand, the ship will offer these experiences.
- During a stop in Darwin, guests can explore the mangroves of Northern Australia searching for wildlife.
- In Hamilton Island, the ship will position just off from a secluded beach, where they can spend the day snorkelling in the blue waters or hike to the top of a Whitsunday peak for a great view overlooking the area.
- At the other end of the country in Phillip Island, Victoria, passengers will board a zodiac for a tour of the island where they can wander the shoreline, estuary and mangroves, searching for migratory birds and if the timing is right, the local King Penguin population.
- In New Zealand’s Fjordland National Park, guests can go kayaking to view wildlife, or if they prefer, enjoy scenic cruising in Milford Sound.
- Seabourn Encore will also visit the ultra-remote port of Oban on Stewart Island at the southernmost tip of New Zealand. Here, zodiac tours will take guests to various parts of the island, visiting Halfmoon Bay and Ulva Island for bird watching and a guided hike.
Nine maiden calls have been scheduled for Encore‘s maiden season in Australia, with the ship spending Australia Day in Cairns before heading south to Sydney and Melbourne in early Feb.