Dining at three speciality restaurants found on Holland America Line ships around the world has become slightly more expensive after the line quietly implemented a new pricing structure effective from the beginning of this month.
The amended price list applies to individual seatings at Pinnacle Grill, Canaletto and Tamarind (where available) as well as the discounted dining packages, where guests can purchase two or more specialty dining experiences in bulk at a discounted rate.
Modified prices for individual seatings at the line’s three major restaurants include:
- Canaletto – the line’s premium Italian dining experience usually featuring in a zoned off area of the Lido Buffet – is now US$15 per person, up from $10. Check out our review.
- Tamarind – a fancy Asian fusion cuisine outlet only available on select ships (currently on MS Koningsdam, MS Eurodam and MS Nieuw Amsterdam) has had its fee increased from US$20 to US$25 per person.
- Pinnacle Grill – Holland America Line’s signature steakhouse which features on all ships, now carries a US$35 per person dining surcharge, a $6 increase from the former $29. Lunch in this venue remains at US$10 per person but can only be booked once onboard.
Dining packages have also been modified for those purchasing blocks of reservations. These changes now include:
- The Signature Dining Package includes one reservation (which can be made at the time of purchase or later) at Pinnacle Grill and another at Canaletto has been increased from US$35 to $44 per person. Booking both venues individually will cost you $50 each.
- A Distinctive Dining Package has been increased from US$50 to $65 per person, with this deal including a table at all three of the aforementioned venues – Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind and Canaletto. Of course, this package is only available on the three ships which feature all three venues.
- The Ultimate Dining Package can only be booked on MS Koningsdam as it is currently the only HAL ship which includes all five of Pinnacle Grill, Sel De Mer, Tamarind, Canaletto and the Culinary Arts Centre. This package has been increased from US$104pp to $119. Booking all five venues individually will set you back a minimum of $114 for four of the five venues, while Sel de Mer is priced on an a la carte basis, with dishes starting from $6.
- Fees for the ‘Evening in the Pinnacle Grill’ dinner for two package has climbed from $52 to $62 – still an $8 saving on an individual booking for two people.