No less than eleven high profile players from recent cricketing history have been named to take part in the first ever cricket and Bollywood themed cruise – Monarch Cruise – which was officially launched in Mumbai a few days ago.
Legendary players from Australia, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and New Zealand will be onboard at different stages of the voyage. These include:
- Kumar Sangakkara (134 Tests, 404 One Day Internationals for Sri Lanka)
- Jacques Kallis (166 Tests, 325 One Day Internationals for South Africa)
- Graeme Smith (117 Tests, 197 One Day Internationals for South Africa)
- Brendon McCullum (97 Tests and 254 One Day Internationals so far for New Zealand)
- Michael Bevan (18 Tests, 232 One Day Internationals for Australia)
- Damien Martyn (67 Tests, 208 One Day Internationals for Australia)
- Dean Jones (52 Tests, 164 One Day Internationals for Australia)
- Shane Lee (45 One Day Internationals for Australia)
- Jeff Thomson (51 Tests, 50 One Day Internationals for Australia & Hall of Fame Inductee)
The legendary congregation is being led by brand ambassadors Shane Warne (145 Tests, 194 One Day Internationals for Australia); Brett Lee (76 Tests, 221 One Day Internationals for Australia) and Sachin Tendulkar (200 Tests, 463 One Day Internationals for India), who jointly launched the niche cruise at the Mumbai ceremony.
Monarch Cruise will consist of two 13-day itineraries onboard Star Cruises’ Superstar Virgo (CLICK HERE for a ship tour), which has been chartered for the exercise. The voyage will depart from Singapore on 06 March 2017 bound for Mumbai and stopping in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Phuket, Colombo and Cochin. A return trip will leave Mumbai on 19 March, arriving back in Singapore on 31 March.
Seven different itineraries are available for Monarch Cruise. Guests can partake in one of four seven-day cruises (Singapore to Colombo, Colombo to Mumbai and the same in reverse), sail one entire 13-day direction from Singapore to Mumbai or if so desired, join the entire 26-day roundtrip from Singapore. Fares start from $1,670 per person quad share for one seven-day leg in an interior lower deck stateroom (or $2,630 per person for twin share).
Cricket tragics will be able to mingle with their heroes at a range of organised events throughout the itineraries including opportunities to ‘Dine with a Cricketer’, attend cricket talk shows where players discuss their careers and play in cricket master classes to hone their cricket skills. Guests may even get the chance to face a delivery from Shane Warne himself. In addition, cruises will feature red carpet gala events, DJ hosted parties, Indian cooking demonstrations, colourful Bollywood shows, wine tastings and much more.
“Cricket and Bollywood are two huge passions, this cruise promises to be quite a thrilling experience. I look forward to joining fellow cricketers from across the world along with illustrious Bollywood stars, brilliant chefs and of course, my fans,” commented Tendulkar at the launch.
A brochure has now been launched for the voyage, which can be downloaded – CLICK HERE. Cabins are expected to sell out quickly, with cricket tragics urged to get in quick.