More than 75 ‘Destination Immersion’ land-based touring options will be available to passengers of Azamara Club Cruises during its upcoming inaugural season in Australia and New Zealand, which begins when Azamara Quest docks in Darwin on 28 December.
The luxury cruise line has contracted bespoke tour operator Abercrombie & Kent to run these tours, each aimed at delivering a culturally immersive experience to guests via unique events run while the ship is tied up in port either for the day or in some cases, overnight.
These ‘Destination Immersion’ land tours come in four varieties:
- Land Discoveries – Azamara’s alternative name for daytime shore excursions.
- Insider Access – Small-group tours to the private homes, farms, villas, residences or businesses of locals citizens in a town or city, with whom passengers are able to meet and interact, learning more about their trade or vocation including special tips and knowledge.
- Nights & Cool Places – When an Azamara ship is docked in a port overnight, a selection of night-time excursions are run to offer a glimpse of a city’s vibrant nightlife or just to experience an excursion under the mysterious and exciting cloak of darkness.
- AzAmazing Evenings – Parties, gatherings and experienced organised exclusively for passengers either shore-side or at a particular location, where elements of a destination’s culture and history are showcased in all its glory.
Among the activities Abercrombie & Kent will facilitate for guests on Azamara’s voyages in Australia and New Zealand include:
- AzAmazing Evenings – A trip to the Crocosaurus Cove theme park (Darwin)
- Nights & Cool Places – Sydney Harbour Coast to Coast cruise (Sydney)
- Insider Access – An afternoon Biofuels seminar with a Associate Professor (Townsville)
- Land Discoveries – Taieri Gorge Train (Dunedin, New Zealand)
- AzAmazing Evenings – A night with the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra (Hobart)
- Insider Access – New Zealand Sheep Farm Experience (Picton, New Zealand)
Azamara Club Cruises makes its first-ever call in Australia when Azamara Quest lands in Darwin on 28 December en route to Cairns. A further voyage from Cairns to Sydney will precede two one-way adventures from Sydney to Auckland and return before the ship returns to Asia.
The line will return early in 2017 for another season, when sister-ship Azamara Journey spends some time in Australian waters.