The ‘status match’ deal sees MSC offer free membership of its Classic, Silver, Gold and Black levels to passengers who already hold equivalent status in the rewards scheme of with a competing cruise line.
Hotel loyalty programs are also in the mix – which makes this a great opportunity for first-time cruisers who may already enjoy status with the world’s leading hotel chains.
(Airline frequent flyer programs don’t qualify, however, so you can put away that Qantas Gold or Platinum card).
MSC’s Voyager Club status match includes the following cruise loyalty programs:
- Azamara Club Cruises Le Club Voyage
- Celebrity Cruises – Captain’s Club
- Cunard Line’s Cunard World Club
- P&O Cruises Peninsular Club
- Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle
- Royal Caribbean’s Crown and Anchor
The following hotel reward programs can also snare your free Voyager Club status boost:
- Accor’s Le Club Accorhotels
- Best Western Rewards
- Fairmont President’s Club
- Hilton Honors
- Hyatt Gold Passport
- Marriott Rewards
- Starwood Preferred Guest
- Ritz-Carlton Rewards
(Note that if you’re a Gold or Platinum member of Virgin Australia’s Velocity Frequent Flyer program you’re automatically eligible for Hilton Honours Gold or Diamond membership, respectively, which can also help fast-track your Voyager Club status match.)
Of course, you won’t lose your status in any of the competing cruise lines – you’ll simply have an equivalent serve of perks available when you book an MSC cruise.
Those creature comforts include priority boarding and disembarkation, welcome cocktails, late cabin checkout (up to two hours after your ship arrives in port), a free spa session and a tasting menu dinner for two at one of the ship’s speciality restaurants, depending on your Voyager Club status.
Guests who sign up through the status match promotion will also receive a 5% discount on any booking.
How to get your free MSC Voyager Club status match
- Take a photo or scan your current cruise line or hotel chain rewards membership card, making sure that your name and the card’s expiry date are clearly readable
- Download the registration form at the MSC Voyager Club status match promotion website
- Email the registration form and the photo or scan of your other cruise line or hotel chain loyalty card and e-mail these to firstname.lastname@example.org